Services for Couples
Wedding Planning & Styling Advice
1. WHO IS THE WEDDING CONSULTATION FOR?
The wedding consultation service is dedicated to couples who like to be hands on, and manage every aspect of their wedding themselves. If that is you, then we have a lot in common :).
Plus, it’s also a good place to start for couples who are just beginning to plan their wedding and are not quite sure what level of support they need yet. Does that sound like you? Then, read on.
2. WHY DO WEDDING CONSULTATIONS?
Planning a wedding can easily become overwhelming. A lot of problems can crop up along the way that can take the fun out of it (yes, planning a wedding can be fun as long as you are organised and have the right support).
Over the years, working with different couples and having been through this process myself, I learned that people need help and support in different ways. So, I want to offer couples like you, an alternative to working full-time with a planner/designer, yet still get the right support where you need it most.
3. WHAT YOU GET.
The wedding consultation service is meant to offer you a support system, in case some difficulties appear along the way. Think of it like a wedding planning or styling, coaching programme.
Very simply put, it’s a reliable and expert source of advice and support when and as you need it. Whether you need some clarity, get organised, find the right ideas and resources, or if some issues crop up. A little direction and inspiration to get you started or help you when you’re stuck.
4. HOW THE CONSULTATIONS WORK.
You can book a wedding consultation at any point during the planning process. Below is a step by step description of how this process works and some of the things you can discuss during a wedding consultation session.
Wedding Consultation Process
Start by booking a wedding consultation session below. You’ll need to give me a few short details about you and the things you’d like to discuss.
Each month I open my calendar for a limited number of consultations. You can see how many slots are available by looking in the booking section below. Once the month is fully booked I open the calendar for next month.
You’ll be able to book afternoon slots (UK time) on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays. Morning slots are available on certain Saturdays. The earliest you can book a session is in 3 calendar day’s time.
50 % of the consultation fee (listed below) will be charged as a booking deposit upon scheduling the session. You’ll receive an email confirmation for your appointment from my calendar and an invoice for the deposit. Next I’ll send you a short questionnaire that you can fill-in online.
You’ll need to send your questionnaire answers no later than 2 days before the appointment. This will allow me to prepare for our meeting and maximise the time we have to discuss.
Next we’ll have the consultation. This is a 2-hour video-call on zoom – you will need to download the app, but you don’t need to make an account.
During this call we’ll discuss your wedding plans and what you need help with. I will aim to give you as much advice as possible on the call and I’ll follow that up with an email summarising my advice and any aditional resources I can reccomend.
If the advice and tips I offer you during the call are sufficient and you feel you’re all sorted out, we’ll stop there. In the follow-up email you’ll also get the second and final invoice for the remainder of the fee.
However if you need more support and resources you can also get some additional hands-on help from me. This may include a sourcing service for a venue or a supplier, creating a planning timeline for you, formulating your initial budget, or creating a bespoke wedding lookbook for you to help you visualise and communicate your ideas to the suppliers. In the resources section below you can find all the additional help you can get with this service.
Mini Planning / Design Services
You can request additional services during the consultation session. These will be charged a separate fee, invoiced separately.
If you decide a few days/weeks after the consultation that you need further support, you can get in touch via email and we can discuss either doing some additional consultation sessions or providing you with any supporting documents or services, as applicable.
Below you can see all the supporting documents and additional services you can request as part of the wedding consultation package, and the prices.
Depending on the size and complexity of the supporting documents you can expect to receive them within 1-3 weeks from the time of the original consultation.
What you can get help with
Here’s a list of topics you can get advice and guidance on during a wedding consultation session:
- Where to start & how to get organised in planning your wedding;
- What are the first things you need to do before you start planning;
- How to make an action plan / planning timeline;
- What to prioritise for the wedding based on your style, budget and overall vision for the day;
- Planning your ceremony and what should/can be included in each type of ceremony;
- How to register and requirements for different types of ceremonies;
- Tips for readings and vows during the ceremony
Venues & Suppliers
- Where to look for venues & suppliers;
- What to look for when sourcing and how to know which venue or supplier is right for you;
- How to prioritise booking your suppliers;
- General questions about limitations & conditions from venues/suppliers or a certain supplier’s process;
- What you should include in your budget, how to plan your initial budget and how to stay within the budget;
- How to keep track of your budget and make sure you don’t miss any expenses;
Design & Styling
- Ideas for a wedding concept or theme;
- Tips on how to achieve a cohesive look for a certain concept or theme;
- How to choose a colour palette and other aesthetic details for the wedding;
- How to communicate your vision to your suppliers efficiently;
- How to make sure that your personality comes across in your wedding day;
- Ideas for catering or entertainment;
Stationery & Guests
- Tips for choosing stationery and what should be included in a stationery pack;
- When to send save the dates and invitations, and what timeline should you give your guests for RSVPing;
- How to set and manage a guest list, and how to make a seating plan for the ceremony/reception;
- Where to buy bridal and groom’s attire/accessories and how to choose something that fits your style and personality;
- Inspiration and ideas for your bridal hairstyle and make-up;
- Ideas and resources for groomsmen’s and bridesmaids’ look;
- Transportation for the couple and guests on the wedding day – ideas & resources;
- How to create a set up and cleaning plan on the day if you don’t have a co-ordinator;
- Planning a programme for the wedding day;
- Help deciding whether to have a destination wedding or not and/or where to have it;
- Advice on wedding destinations in general and how they are different from a local wedding;
- General advice on travel for destination weddings;
In addition to the advice I offer during the consultation, you can also get further hands on support from me. This can be in the form of bespoke planning documents, inspiration and styling guides, or venue / supplier sourcing.
Here is a full list of things you can get in addition to your wedding consultation:
- Venue selection
- Supplier selection (one type of supplier per service)
- Custom, detailed planning timeline creation with recommended due dates & t0-do list (can be synced to your calendar)
- Initial budget formulation & planning
- Wedding concept/theme and vision board creation
- Wedding look-book creation
- Supplier brief creation, to communicate your vision & ligistical details to your suppliers (one supplier per service)
- Wedding day programme customisation
2-HOUR CONSULTATION SESSION*
£180 (£90 deposit on booking | £90 after the session)
EACH ADDITIONAL 30-MINUTE CONSULTATION
£50 (paid in full upon booking)
BESPOKE PLANNING SUPPORT DOCUMENTS
VENUE / SUPPLIER SOURCING SERVICE**
BESPOKE DESIGN & STYLING PROPOSAL (LOOK BOOK)
*Up to 3 large topics (i.e. budget, how to find inspiration for the wedding, venue and supplier sourcing ideas, etc.) can be covered in a 2-hour session.
**The price applies to only one type of supplier (i.e. catering or photography).
Book a Consultation Session
consultation spots available
Consultation Service - Terms & Conditions
A booking deposit equal to 50% from the total fee is charged upon booking.
You will receive a conifrmation email with an invoice immediately after booking the slot.
The second payment will be charged after the consultation. You will receive the final invoice in an email, along with a summary of the advice and resources I oferred during our meeting.
If you need to book additional consultation sessions, these will be 30 mins sessions. The price for each 30min of additional consultation is £50 and is charged in full when booking the session. To book an additional session, please do get in touch with me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you request additional mini services, the fee for those services will be invoiced separately from the consultation and is payable via bank transfer.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Should you need to cancel the booking, please inform me in writing as soon as possible at email@example.com. I will get in touch with you to discuss rescheduling to another date.
If you cancel more than 3 days before the meeting, your deposit will be refunded in full. However if you cancel less than 3 days before the appointment the deposit is non-refundable.
Any fees paid for services after the consultation, are not refundable.
1. Please note that I cannot offer legal advice, or any advice on insurance aspects and contracts you have with your venue and suppliers. I also cannot offer moral and/or psychological support, or advice for personal and family issues that you may encounter during planning.
2. Although my advice is based on years of experience and a deep understanding of how an event should be run, it is solely your responsibility and that of your suppliers to plan and manage the logisitcs of your wedding to ensure everything runs smoothly.
3. To provide appropriate advice and create adequate support materials you will need to respond fully to all my questions. All the information you provide before, during and after the consultation to help me provide you with this service is fully confidential and treated as such.
However, I will never ask you for confidential personal information outside of your email and phone number, which I will use strictly for the scope of providing these services.
4. For any monthly offers and prizes, to qualify, you must book a wedding consultation appointment within the given timeline and pay the booking deposit in full.
Winners are picked randomly and announced on my instagram profile and via direct email.